On this episode of Hunter & Craft Radio, Chad McCaffrey chats with Amrita Chandra about the Qualitative side of Marketing.
Amrita is based in the great city of Toronto, Canada after many years working around the world. Since 2000 she has run marketing at a number of great startups in Boston and Toronto, and is currently the Head of Marketing at CrowdRiff.
Other Companies she has worked with in the past include: Asigra, Pressly, Preserve, Audiobooks.com, Microsoft, Bell Canada, Mercedes-Benz, Pulsate, and Normative.
Outside of her deep expertise in Marketing she has a deep love of contemporary art and design, and recently served as the Board Chair of Open Studio, Canada’s leading printmaking centre. Once upon a time she realized a dream to open her own contemporary art gallery, and continue to collect and appreciate fine art.
What You Will Learn in this Episode
- Why Qualitative Marketing is as important as ever
- Why Marketing is not the job of just the Marketing department
- Why strong Design Thinking is driving Modern Marketing
- Trends shaping the Future of Marketing
- Why Interview skills are so powerful in Marketing
- Why Acquisition can’t be the only focus in B2B Marketing
- Why Big Data, Analytics and Measurement aren’t everything
- Productivity tips from a B2B Marketing Leader
Links Mentioned in this Episode
- The Rewired Group
- Stratechery blog on Tesla
- Intercom podcast on Jobs to be Done
- Wealth Simple
- Amrita’s blog: Lessons from Jess Iandiorio VP Marketing at Drift
- Amrita’s blog: When Marketing lives outside the Marketing Department
- Book: Creating Customer Evangelists
- Unthinkable Podcast
Connect with Chad on Twitter > @cjkmccaffrey
Intro Song: “Cheap Thrills” by Sia feat Sean Paul